Wednesday 25 February 2009

Is there a nail in my bread?

Because the last time I saw my lovely blue artificial thumb nail was BEFORE I was kneading bread last night. And I only noticed that it was missing when the bread was already in the oven. Not a lot I could do about it then, was there? So, now do I tell P to watch out for a nail or do I just wait and have a giggle after he tells me that he found it over the weekend when I was in London? Hmmm ...

Went shopping this morning, but being the usual half wit I am at 9am, I left my bank card at home. Luckily I had taken a tin full of 1p and 2p coins to change up. So I could at least buy the necessities. I even had enough over to have a quick browse through the charity shops. And what do I find? Only the most adorable boots of all times. Sort of punky/biker!!! I just had to have them. At that point I only had about £2 left in my purse. So I went up to the guy at the counter, who by the way is exceptionally cute, tattooed and pierced, shaved head and very sweet, and asked him, if I could give him £2 towards the boots - they were priced at £9.99 - and if he would keep them until the afternoon for me to pick up. Obviously he didn't want to see me again - hahaha - because he said that I can have the boots for the money I got. Now I am prancing around at home with the incredibly comfy, perfectly fitting boots :-) Sad though that I don't have a reason to go there again this afternoon!

Right-o, I need to go out with Isis now, then try an outfit on for travelling tomorrow (new boots included) and finish packing my rucksack. I also need to decide which yarn to take, crochet or knitting, have a bath, dye my hair, put a face mask on, pluck eyebrows and last but not least ... replace the missing nail.

I am in good spirits :-)

3 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Don't tell him. It's a shame you won't be around to see his reaction when he bites into it! When you get back, plead ignorance, tell him you thought it came off in the shower!

H. Heart said...

Nice you both have something to look forward to. Have fun in London!!

Changedit said...

well, I am sad to say, it hasn't turned up :( i guess i must have lost it somewhere else. bugger!!!