Monday 23 February 2009

Beautiful small world

I had to realise again today what a beautiful small world we live in. About 2 1/2 years ago I met a very nice woman when walking the dog in the park. A different park to now, in a different part of town. We really hit it off at that time, stood and chatted for about an hour, then went both our own way. I sadly thought only afterwards, that we should have swapped telephone numbers. Always clever in hindsight - that's me! But I was sure that I was going to see her again, I was always going to that park and she told me she jogged there daily. Unfortunately a few months after I moved house and didn't see her again. Today we bumped into eachother again. As I said, in a totally different area of the city. Funnily enough, she had moved here not long after me. But up to today, I had not seen her or just didn't notice her. As neither of us had anything to write with us, her jogging, me walking the dog, and as she doesn't live far from where we met, she invited me back for coffee. This time we have made sure we have eachothers numbers and have already arranged for a meeting when we are both back from London. She is going on the same weekend as me, namely THIS weekend, also this Thursday and also until Sunday. Strange coincidences indeed. She has like me lived in Germany, Turkey, Israel and now England. She is studying dance at the moment, just like me at her age. She is also single and doesn't want another man in her life. All very peculiarly similar ...

4 comments:

My Other Blog said...

How nice! I wish I could meet a friend, but I don't want to get a dog to make that happen.

H. Heart said...

I don't think that is by accident. Its nice to have meet someone with so many similar interests. How you have or had a nice time in London.
xx

Changedit said...

MYS, I dont think it needs a dog. There are things in this world, which just WILL happen, no matter what (as Humble says). I am sure there is some bigger plan somewhere why I have bumped into this woman again. Some higher power just wants us to connect. And MYS ... you've also got us here. I know it's not the same, but better than nothing. However, I wish I could meet you 'in the flesh' :) Maybe one day, ey?

love u all xxx

Changedit said...

Oh and Humble ... I havent been to London yet, going this Thursday until Sunday. No doubt the stories about the weekend will appear on the blog hehe.