Saturday 14 February 2009

Friday the 13th

Despite all superstitious beliefs, nothing bad happened yesterday. Quite the opposite! When I checked my emails just before dinner last night, there was one from my daughter saying: "Regardless of everything going on, I don't want to deprive you of your granddaughter, so here are some photos!" I was very happy to receive them and was oogling the little mite for ages. She looks so different to the first grandchild, when he was born. Amira is very dark in skin and has the biggest eyes ever with the blackest eyeballs ever. She looks a lot more like her dad than Kylian ever did, although I suspect the dark complexion comes from the Mexican side of our family. The shaping of the head through forceps birth hasn't quite disappeared yet, after all it's only been 5 weeks, but the indication that it soon will be back to normal is there. Just a matter of time ... Oh I am such a proud nana :-)

I am feeling a bit better in myself, having recognised that I was making myself ill again by thinking negatively. Well, at least I am able to recognise what I am doing and am capable of changing my frame of mind. I am off food shopping in a mo, oh the highlights of my days LOL. All my battling with the authorities has slightly paid off and I am now getting £10 rent per week more and £20 incapacity benefit per fortnight more. That is £60 per month which will make a huge difference. I can afford a regular supply of the much needed soyamilk now ;)

Pete in an absolute foul mood again. Says he has got a cold - AGAIN! I am sure he suffers from this Leisure Syndrome, as he is always always ill as per Friday. If I was suspicious and evil minded, which I am not of course (haha), I would say he's just trying to wiggle out of household chores. But as he isn't even going for rides on his much loved bike or visiting his mum, I do think it's genuine. But naturally he refuses to combat it, so I do think he does enjoy it to a certain extent ....

1 comment:

My Other Blog said...

I'm so glad your daughter sent you some pictures of your grandaughter!
Despite what went on when you were there and your entire history with her, she wants a relationship with her, just as you want one with her. I still don't know what you should say to her - obviously 'Thanks so much for the pictures' would be the way to start. Then, just speak from your heart. Tell her you love her on this Valentine's Day.