Friday 20 February 2009

Bloody hell ...

Something weird is going on with my blood. I have had a spot on my right cheek ... yes the one in the face not the one at the other end ... and it keeps opening and bleeding profusely. And I don't mean ordinary bleeding, no it gushes out, to the extent that I have completely ruined my duvet cover the other day and a t-shirt today. My hands, face and neck was covered in it too. I have no alternative but put a plaster on it, which of course is very fetching. I reckon I should go and see the doc about it. I mean, one possibility is simply that the spot is directly on a blood vessel ... but of course, other possibilities are springing to mind, not pleasant ones either! Every time I have something like this, I start thinking about skin cancer. Naturally I would be an obvious victim of that, having worked and lived in very hot climates and enjoyed the sun with no protecting at all. It being Friday today and gathering that I wouldn't get a doctors appointment until the middle of next week either I have decided that I will mention it to my Hep Team next Thursday. Maybe it has indeed something to do with the changes my blood has undergone during and since treatment. Just hoping the bloody thing closes up, so I don't have to wear a plaster when going to London. I think I'd die with shame!!!

2 comments:

My Other Blog said...

If your Hep C team is the next bunch of medical people you're going to see, definitely mention it to them - well, if it's still on your face then, they should notice it, if they're observant. Don't know what else to tell you. A G.P. would want you to see a dermatologist, those appointments need to be booked months in advance - dermatologists choose that specialty because they don't do emergencies...

Changedit said...

Well it's Saturday and it's still there and still bleeding unless there is a plaster on it ... stupid thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!