Thursday 5 February 2009

10 cm of brand new snow :-)


... and this pic is proof of it. That's what it looked like this morning around 7am when I went with the dog. I enjoyed every step in almost virginal snow! However, I thought I would be totally alone up there at this time in the morning, presuming that people didnt fancy getting out that early in that weather. Well, as they say: Presumption is the Mother of all Fuck Ups ... it was almost heaving there with dogs and owners and such. So, wenn I sneakily tried to tie my yarn bombing stuff on the fence, I wasnt only watched by one pair of eyes, but about 6 - and that's not including dogs eyes. Plus it wasnt just the usual people, but even the guys from the BBC I vaguely know (technician + researcher couple with their Shar Pei Suki) were there. As the guy looked at me questioningly I explained briefly what I was doing. Hmmm, maybe he found it interesting enough to mention it at the TV station when they finally can get into work. I am really hoping that the poop/scoop is staying up for a while. I want as many people as possible to see it. Hahaha just massaging my ego here :-)

Finally managed to get the stuff of to the museum too. It's not particularly good, I think, but it will get the points across and hopefully get me the exhibition. Should have asked one of my media friends to help me texting (nudge nudge wink wink you know who you are).

Off for another snowy excursing in a bit. Somehow I cant wait to get out of the house. Housemate P wasnt very pleased this morning. He couldnt get into work as that is quite a few miles away and even a Harley isnt THAT good in snow. So he phoned in at about 8.30am telling them about buses and the impossibility of getting to work. And guess what? They said he had to go and report to the local job centre for work (he works at the DWP). I wont repeat his comments here, but the F-word featured strongly in it.

No comments: