Friday 23 January 2009

Toenails



























It must be one of the signs that treatment is well and truly over when your toenails are growing back. As I mentioned here on the blog somewhere, I had lost 2 1/2 of them completely during my rendezvous with Ribavirin and Interferon. Now I am plus 1 1/2 again, which makes me only 17.5 % short of toenails. Yippie!!! Also my hair is growing like wildfire. And so, so thick! Double yippie!
It is the little things I am grateful for.

I finally sent off an answer to my daughter's lengthy email today. It took me a long time I know, but I didnt want to write directly under the affect of the fresh words. So I left it until I had a certain distance from it. As I slept from midnight until 4.30am without interruption, I took that as a sign that the issues werent distressing me all that much anymore. Still, it was an emotional tirade of words, but hopefully without too many motherly tinged accusations and humanly tinged defences. Now I will have to wait if she writes back. I know that there will be one day when everything comes back together again, so I just have to be patient.

I also realised yesterday, that having a dog just means we are grown up enough to replace the childhood concept of an invisible friend. I always talk to Isis when I am out and about with her, if I did that without her there I'd most likely be in the looney bin by now haha. Little does Big Brother know that I am still mad.

Since I have bought myself that useful kitchen utensil on Wednesday I have been busy baking. Already made 2 loaves of bread, which are yummy (one granary, one sunflower) and I cooked some stew to go with it. I just love buttered fresh bread and stew. Dont tell anybody, but I am a country bumpkin at heart. Once I have been with Isis for the afternoon walk, which is any minute now, I will bake a coconut cake. After all, it IS weekend, but I dont really need an excuse for baking my cake and eating it :) I had lost 2kg in weight whilst being in Germany ... dont worry, I put it back on after being back home for a week although I move a lot more here and eat less. Very strange ....

My dear friend Kittie is looking into coming up for the last weekend of January. I really hope so and go mad with anticipation of seeing her again. I have missed her so much and wished every day that we lived closer, so I could pop over for a coffee or a glass of wine. I find it funny that 10 years ago I nearly had no female friends, now all of a sudden I have nearly ONLY female friends. How times change. Seems the older we get the less competitive we get and the more likely we get on with eachother (women that is). Have we finally really grown up and the bitch years are over???

Talking about female friends. T has chucked her treatment and seems to be completely going off the rails. I cant reach her, she wont talk/write to me. I wonder why LOL ... because I would have to say a thing or 2 to her. Never mind, she probably needs blowing a gasket now and will soon be ready for the mending shop. She'll get through it, I know, she is a strong person!

I have been a busy bee since getting back, doing a lot of long overdue paperwork and crocheting like mad. Still havent placed the adverts though, its on my agenda for Monday. By then I should be finished with the more pressing stuff.

Ok, off out now ... shalom & namasté

No comments: