Friday 30 January 2009

Kids

Whilst I was sitting up at 5.30am in total quiet with my crochet hook and some wool, I was thinking about my daughter and what she has recently said about her kids and how she treats/educates them. Well more so the older one, the baby doesnt really come into it ... yet. I suddenly realised that children will never be the billboard of parental success. Parents can bring them up whichever way they like, but the little people still develop their own personalities and traits regardless. Being strict and regimented, like my daughter is with her 5 year old, will not guarantee that he wont be a teenage drop out, although she thinks that. On the other hand, a kid brought up in a disfunctional family doesnt necessarily go off the rails when older. So, listen up dear daughter, why dont you just stop all this fartassing around with different types of education and start giving the kids love and some values and leave the rest to natural development. In 10 years down the line it wont matter that you insisted that the kid has healthy molasses for breakfast instead of Nutella or that he goes to sleep at 7pm instead of 9pm. I think a lot of hassle and aggro could be saved on both sides, if we would react more loving and natural towards the wishes and expectations of our little ones. All that will stay with them until their dying days is the unconditional love we showed them from the moment they were born. I think that's what I was trying to do when I visited this time, unfortunately I was completely misunderstood and accused of corruption their upbringing. Shame!

My dear dear friend will be here in less than 12 hours and I have so much to do. But quite the opposite to the last few days, I am busting with energy, so it should be a doddle. Baked my first ever vegan cake yesterday and it has turned out to be quite a disaster LOL. It is supposed to be a pineapple upside down cake and catastrophe struck already when shopping. I was looking for pineapple RINGS. I saw tins and tins labelled pineapple chunks and when I saw another row with pineapple PIECES I just assumed that they were rings. Far from it ... just another tin of chunks! As I was half way through the cake already when I noticed, I used them anyway, which probably would have been ok if I had used the right amount. The recipe stated that it was for a very big cake, so I halved the ingredients. Only not for the pineapple. I used the whole tin. So now I have a cake which has a 1" layer of pineapple and a 1.5" layer of cake. Doh!!! It looks more like a pie than a cake. But I am sure it will taste ok and enjoyment will be had :-)

Upwards and onwards ... otherwise I wont get anything done today. Still have to bake bread and get the room ready, plus have a bath *sniff sniff* and do my bonnet. edit: It's 18:50 h now and I havent done the last two items ... never mind. Better get ready, eat and out of the door. Was shaking with anticipation earlier ... daft cow LOL

1 comment:

H. Heart said...

I think the cake sounds delicious. You can't lose with too much pineapple. yum.

I explained some of what my doctor taught on my blog tonight.
Hugs x