Thursday 29 January 2009

Something weird is going on ....

When I get up in the mornings (and today it was 6.10am, which is late for me) I feel fine. Lots of energy and once the painkillers have kicked in I can even move reasonably well. Then I do my usual routine and about 2 hours later my eyes get heavier and heavier and all I want to do is sleep. Now I cant be tired, can I? I reckon it has something to do with the fact, that when I sit down in the mornings with my coffee and my crochet, I start thinking about the planes and chores I have for the day. This must exhaust me so much or overstretch me so much, that all I want to do is go back to bed and shut the world out. I think my tiredness is psychological and I am trying to think of ways to beat it. Now I know there are things I absolutely HAVE to do, like my tax return for which I have only got 2 days left *arrrrgh* and the write-ups and biography for the exhibitions. I just cant bring myself to do it. My body shuts down! How do I battle this inner pig? Even if I settle down with the work at hand, my eyelids just become so so heavy and I cant concentrate. I drink coffee, but it doesnt wake me up. I concede to having a lie-down, I get up refreshed, but the moment I think of the chores, the same thing happens again. I just want to go to bed. This is so weird and very unlike me. Ok, nobody likes to do those tasks, but usually I have coped with it by at least doing something else. But I cant even do that, cant even enjoy a computer game or handicraft or TV. This might also have something to do with stopping the Citaloprams. I have got a doctors appointment next Wednesday so I will mention it. Still not heard from the various counselling agencies I have rung. But their waiting lists are as long as my arm, so I gather that might take a while anyway. It's been good writing all this down, I dont feel quite as much like I am going mad. But I am still seriously worried ....

I will force myself to go shopping now. At least ONE thing will be done then ....

1 comment:

H. Heart said...

It may be that you have stopped the anti ds and are having some rebound depression. Not saying it is but something to think about and tell the doctor. Maybe its mild enough that some good walks with help. I'm glad hepkittie is coming.