Tuesday 27 January 2009

Sorted!

That was the content of the last text message I received last night. And it made me incredibly happy and excited and longing and I could hardly refrain from jumping up and down. Because this of course means that my friend hepkittie is coming on Friday. We will have 2 whole days in each others company, which I know won't be enough, but it'll be something. We both have been through quite a lot recently, so some girlie-time together is going to give both of us some strength to carry on. There is something very special about letting a friend into your habitat for the first time, so I will do some cleaning and such, but I won't go over the top. Don't want to spend the entire weekend aching like fuck, just because I've overdone it. That just wouldn't do! Told Pete about my expected visitor and he just scrunched up his face. Oh well, the thing he usually does is disappear into his room and just come out at meal times. Anyway, I do think they might just get on. Pete is just displaying his usual insecurity and self-consciousness. It'll pass!

I had a reply from the National Museum Liverpool about my Amigurumi Exhibition. They are actually contemplating it!!! That is a mega step forward and if they do say yes after the consideration period, it has to go through some committee or something, then that might mean other museums/galleries will follow suit. A friend in Germany is also looking into finding some more venues for me, so I have already started to put my feelers out for a 'global stretch' hahaha. I have still not managed to put the adverts for the classes in. I sat over the text for quite a while, but it doesn't sound right yet. And as I said before, it has to be so brilliant for the first advert, that it really catches the attention. So I have to exercise patience until I am totally happy with the wording. Maybe discuss it with Kittie at the weekend. :-)

Still not a word from my daughter. I get the feeling that she is very capable of dealing with hate, criticism and negativity, but not with unconditional love, understanding and acceptance. Very strange!

5 comments:

H. Heart said...

So glad to see you're so up for a visit from hepkitty. You both could use some fun. My doctor...the nauralpathic one...figured out its my diet. We'll see. Gee..I gave up all my other vices and now I have to cut out bread...ugg!! :( Hopefully just temp.

Changedit said...

oh, does he reckon it's wheat that does it? if that is the solution to the problem, then it's not such a big thing to give up bread. keeping my fingers crossed for u. u can always take up soda drinking again ... just kidding!

yesssss kittie is coming yippieeee! ur turn next hehe.

hugs xx

hepkittie said...

i can't wait to get there!
and don't worry about cleaning - think of the state of my place when you came to stay (its worse now with my daughter here...).

see you soon x

Changedit said...

your place wasnt in a state when i visited. i found it refreshingly tidy. but then u dont seem like a horder like me and therefore have less stuff to spread about.

wow, only 35 hours and u will be here. so excited!!! xxx

hepkittie said...

i'm actually quite relentless when i get round to clearing out things. cannot wait for a good spring clean this year as i was too ill to properly do it last year!