Friday 27 June 2008

My Bed













My Bed

My bed is my best friend these days

It hugs me when I need it most

I often lay in it and gaze

Up to the stars in space

Which seem so lost.

My bed envelops me quite neatly

From chin to hips down to my toes

It makes me feel secure completely

And always does invite me sweetly

To count my woes.

I cry in it

I laugh in it

I hate in it

I love in it

It gives me peace for reading and writing

It gives me calm for sleeping and dreaming

It gives me space for thinking and deciding

It gives me freedom to be on my own.

My bed is my best friend these days

I promise never to forget

Not even when I will be in another place

With better times and healthier days

This was an ode … to my bed.

27.06.2008


5 comments:

My Other Blog said...

I had to go through treatment sharing a bed (but not much else) with my future-ex husband. It was a big effort to not smother him, when his snoring woke me up. I had a terrible time sleeping when I was on treatment, had to resort to pills.
Don't waste any effort envying me, my life completely sucks.

hepkittie said...

bed...

i have never spent so much time in mine (unbelievable i know) nor looked forward to just doing nothing ever in my life!

5 more and then it is over for me.
phew.

hope you are having a good day sista and i heard a little rumour that i may be seeing you in july?

kittie x

Changedit said...

July?? Not sure where you heard that from, I was going to go up to the Westmidlands picnic, but nothing else planned. Of course I would love to see you, kittiesis :-)

MYS, your life and mine, but there will be better days. I think we're just doing the groundwork for it at the moment.

Fishy xxx

hepkittie said...

o poo

i heard that you were coming to the southeast picnic...

o well. will see you when i see you!

xxx

H. Heart said...

Love the "My Bed". Can relate to it!