Sunday 2 November 2008

Little fish in a big pond ....

... although it felt more like a big fish in a little pond. Everything in London was so familiar and that is including the people I hadn't met before, or had met, but can't really remember (winks @ Kitty).

Wednesday night and Thursday daytime I spent with T in Tooting. We went parrot and deer watching in Richmond Park with her beautiful Saarloo dog, chatted loads over the 24 hours and did some energy work. By the end of my visit there, I was almost floating ... and floated over to the central London area to meet up with Kitty. After a few hours of talking, laughing and realising that we are 2 peas in a pod, we went to an 80s night. Shame we couldnt really take advantage of the free-flowing vodka, but with a sensible head I must say that that was probably better LOL. I think we both would have had a wild night as we were quite elated hehe. Then we stopped off in the Crowbar on the way back. That was quite good fun too ... watching young, dumb blondies is always good entertainment. Around midnight we headed back to the flat, with nibbles and in my case still wide awake. More nattering ... until about 2am, by which time we both crashed. My gorgeous friend had to drag herself to work in the morning, I slept in until 10.30. I haven't done that since treatment!!!

The next day I was supposed to go to East London. Unfortunately I nodded off on the very comfy sofa and woke up again around 1.30pm - feeling rather tired and ill. So I arranged meeting my friend C, who I had met at the infamous wedding in May, in the evening and at Kitty's flat. C arrived at 5.30pm and we had a little catch-up before Kitty returned from work at 6.30pm. Gosh, did she look tired!!! But still we managed to go out to the Pirate's Party at The Ship, all dressed up and joined by K's wonderful fiancee and C's mental German friend F. To cut a long story short, a good time was had by most of us and we returned to the flat via the chip shop. Finally got round to eating something ;-) I think there might even be some photos from that night, but not sure if they are suitable for public display.

I had to leave yesterday at 1pm and Kitty came to Victoria with me, even sponsored a cab. Thank you!!! Saying bye-bye wasnt too bad, we both know we're going to see each other again real soon. Still I had tears in my eyes when the coach pulled out of the station. I so didnt want to leave!!! But let's think forward and start planning the next get-together. I promised I will have a look at the bands playing Bristol in the next couple of months! That is the only positive thing about winter here ... lots of gigs.

Yesterday evening and today all day I felt absolutely knackered. I am wondering if this is still after-effects from the treatment or simply just OLD AGE? Went to bed at about 10.30pm last night, got up at 6am this morning, but was back in the fart pit by 10am *rolls eyes* And I think it is going to be an early night again today. Hopefully will have recovered tomorrow though.

Thanks my friends for having me, making me so welcome and feeling loved. Big cyber hugs and soon the real McCoy again :-D




No comments: