Friday 29 August 2008

Big Day Tomorrow ... 30th August 2008




















Tomorrow is going to be a big day for me and the Nomads Hepper Community
! Finishing treatment coinciding with my 50th and planning a big party with incorporated awareness event down in Bristol town, has triggered quite a bit of interest in the media world. So the agenda of tomorrow looks like this:

6.00 am Get up
7.30 am Taxi to BBC Bristol
8.10 am Radio Interview with Ali Vowles about Hep C
9.00 am Taxi back home
11.00 am First guests to arrive
12.30 pm Buffet Lunch at Chateau La Fish
3.00 pm The group descends onto Bristol
4.00 pm Awareness event outside Colston Hall
4.30 pm Leafletting, free hugs & info at Harbourside
5.30 pm Return to the ranch
6.30 pm Dinner
7.00 pm Evening festivities start

It will be a busy and stressful day for me, but I am so looking forward to it. I am so amazed how quickly energy levels have risen. Mentally I feel like a new woman anyway, hopefully the rest of the body will follow. Still full of aches and pains, including headaches, but in this frame of mind, much easier to deal with. Hopefully tomorrow's activities will only be the start of a whole awareness campain. It would be good to go national as we have got forum members in almost all the bigger cities of the UK, but not everybody can afford to be as open and frank about Hep C as me.

I would like to thank Mr Martin Bolton at this point, for making my time at his forum such a gruelling one and to force me to leave. It was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. I tip my head at his foresight :P

1 comment:

My Other Blog said...

Have a fantastic day - you deserve it!