Tuesday 5 August 2008

Last legs ...



I am on my last legs ... with treatment and healthwise. I have decided to bring the last 3 injections forward to Wednesday, which means that I finish a week before my birthday, well at least with the shots. Still going to have to take the bloody Ribas for another week ^^ I just want to have a drink on my birthday, but as discussed with the nurse, as long as the final PCR is undetected, I can have a glass of wine here and then now. It's not going to make any difference.

Birthday party is on the 30th of August. I am so happy that quite a few people from the forum have decided to come. It will be interesting to mix old and new friends. Particularly as my Bristol friends have not been through this treatment with me and will probably learn a lot more about HepC from Chrissy, John, Wendy, Cathy and whoever else might come. Depending on numbers and weather, we will either have a BBQ in the garden here, starting the festivities early in the afternoon, so people who cant make the evening, can at least drift in and drift out earlier, or if the numbers are too big, but the weather fine, we have a picnic/BBQ in Victoria Park. And again, small number evening do in the house, large one? Well maybe in the Albert Inn down the road. Their function room does not cost anything to hire :-) Righty-oh ... I am getting my 50th Bday party as planned ... yippers!!!

3 comments:

H. Heart said...

Your so lucky to get a party. Mines so close to Christmas its not noticed. Sounds like a fun time.
I felt sick all week after my last shot. Today almost human. You'll be there soon.

Changedit said...

Yes, Humble, soon but not soon enough ;-) Anyway, I am taking shot 22 today, one day early. This means I have 10 days for a bit of detox before the birthday party. Xmas birthdays are bad, my ex-hubby in on 26.12 and my grandson is on 3.1. They both seem to be missing out :(

H. Heart said...

I'd like to b...slap the nurse who said wine is fine. As your tx buddy, I think not drinking on your birthday will make your liver happier. Maybe Pixie can fix you up something special and yummy. If you decide to drink (hope you don't) might as well toast to me while you're at it. :)
Hugs xxx Humble

Wish I could be there with you.