Tuesday 26 August 2008

50 today

How very uneventful it really was! No major changes, no more aches and pains than usual, no sudden awakening to greater wisdom, just plain old Karina. But I did realise that I can now join the AXA Over 50th Plan and go on a Saga Holiday. Age has got its advantages too ;-) I dont even feel bad being 50. That probably proves, that age is but a number. As somebody on the forum very kindly put it today: I am not 50, I am 18 with 32 years experience. I liked that!!! Didn't do much; went down the road for some charity shop browsing, got my hair cut (see new profile photo), or rather what was left of it, bought a new, fitting bra (the old ones are all too large) and a couple of pairs of trousers. Oh yes, and I finally had to succumb into buying an eyelash curler. Probably won't need it long, but it's a good thing for the time being. And I got some tweezers as I need to sort out my forest-type eyebrows before Saturday's party.

Pete got me some Royal Jelly bath foam and some Dead Sea Bath Crystals with Jasmine, which I though was rather thoughtful, and he painted me a beautiful birthday card, which I will frame. It has only taken him 3 years since he promised me one! Pete's mum (who he hasnt told that we have separated) has send the usual bag of Lush products. She knows I love them! Plenty of birthday wishes on the forum, made me feel loved, quite a few text messages and a phone call from my ex-mother-in-law, who I love dearly and is closer to me than my mother ever was.

I was spoiled too. I only had to do the shopping, the hoovering and the cooking today. Pete did the rest. And on this note, I shall submerge myself in some smelly bubbles now and REALLY spoil myself.

1 comment:

H. Heart said...

You look beautiful with your new look!! I want to come to your party so badly. I'm too sick. Sick in the head too. blah feeling. So good to hear your out and about. Also being spoiled a bit.
Much love and birthday wishes!!
xxxHugs
Humble