Tuesday 2 September 2008

When the music's over ....

... turn out the light! Although we never had any music all the way through the party. That must either mean, that we're all getting old or we were being sufficiently entertained by each other. I for my part would say it was the latter. I was overwhelmed all the way trough the day. Presents from Australia and America, phonecalls from those locations, a beautiful birthday cake ... sponge with yummy icing, my fav!!!! Then the wonderful dedication and high spirits when leafletting in the afternoon. It was really good to see how devoted my fellow heppers are to the awareness raising. Thanks, friends! I think we did a marvellous job. Even if those 2 people go and get tested, we will have fulfilled our aim for the day, dont you think? Then the evening festivities. We never needed fish & chips, there was plenty of food left from lunchtime. Also the most gorgeous, delicious and irresistable Pavlova was brought by a local hepper. The bit that was left over at night, some of us had as breakfast on Sunday :)

I was impressed how many people did make the party despite being on treatment or not feeling to bright for other reasons. So thank you again all that came. The ones that had to cancel due to health or mental reasons, you were sorely missed, but I am sure you will be able to come to the next nomadic gathering. The ones that just couldnt be bothered ... oh well, nothing I can say to that.

I am still suffering the aftermath of the preparations, late night and clearing up. But I suffer it happily, because it was so worth it. My mental attitude is more positive than ever, I am sure the body will pull level soon enough. Now I have to start planning some campaigning and awareness raising for the future. I am ready for it!

At this point, a big thanks & a hug to my handsome, clever and lovely press officer. I wont mention the name, you know who you are! :-x


1 comment:

hepkittie said...

sounds absolutely amazing = so sorry that i missed it...xxx