Thursday 11 September 2008

KaaaaabOOOOOm

So I did finally crash!!! Woke up at 4am on Tuesday morning with the most horrible shivering, cold sweats and incredible bone and muscle ache. It took me about half an hour before I could muster up the strength to go downstairs to get some painkiller. Since finishing treatment I didn't have them by my bedside anymore. That tought me a valuable lesson and they are back up here where they belong. The whole of Tuesday I spent in bed, not even Isis got a walk, living on painkillers and feeling sorry for myself. Yesterday was slightly better, so I did the much needed shopping, which was a big mistake as it left me feeling bad this morning again. As the day went on though, things progressed for the better and I am feeling almost normal again, apart from the bone ache. It is a strange pain. Not like my usual arthritis pain, more like the insides of my bones are aching, like daggers or electric shocks through my bone marrow. Surely you shouldnt be able to feel your marrow?? Anyway, I very much hope that this was the one and only crash and it stays uphill for now. I have gotten so used to feeling better, that this was a most worrying experience.

Doug has decided to sign the house over to me. Not quite sure what brought this about, but it's fine with me. We haven't argued about it for the last 20 years and I am sure we won't start now. He will carry on to pay the mortgage, which will be reduced as I am taking it over as single ownership. The intention is to restore it to its former glory and sell it. Profits for both of us and he can buy somewhere with his current partner, which she is giving him grief about anyway. Whatever!!! I am just glad that the house is still there, because we can help one of my HepC friends with a place to live and as he is a carpenter, he will help us renovate the house. One hand washes the other so to speak! I just hope he likes it there, I know it's a mess at the moment as it has been empty for over a year, just with Doug sleeping there once in a blue moon, and we all know what he is like haha.

My flight has been booked for the holiday, so I am really looking forward to it. I think I deserve a week away after all I have been trough. I know I will miss Naarla and Isis after about 2 days, but I know that Pete will take good care of them. That is one of the things I can rely on with him. So, thank you Pete! That has to be said once in a while.

My baby blanket is progressing. 51 squares already! Picture on the front ... when there were less. Jessica likes the colours ... phewwww :-)

4 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Oh, the baby blanket is going to be beautiful!
Where did you decide to go for your holiday?

H. Heart said...

Rest up for your holiday. I know you've had lots of excitement, so be gentle on yourself for a bit. Did you pick a quiet spot for your holiday?

Changedit said...

Well, flying out to Oporto, North Portugal. Of course I will refrain from sampling the local port ;-) Hiring a car and travelling down the coast to Figuera da Foz, longest sandy beach there. Depending how long that takes us, might pop to Lisbon for a day, but we'll see. Both my friend and I have decided 'no marathon' and we will give ourselves plenty of opportunities for rest & relaxation :-)

xxx

hepkittie said...

loving the baby blanket!
you've been busier than me lately that is for sure...altho i started crocheting some lovely bright blue mushrooms last night, lol!

hope you have had a good day x