Saturday 6 September 2008

A bit down ...

Today I feel a little down and sad. I dont know what has caused this, probably just the constant rain during the week. Or maybe it is because my beloved Nomads Forum is closed for maintenance and I can't touch base with friends. And there I was yesterday saying 'Oh I won't miss it' and 'I've got lots of other stuff to do'. Hah! I probably just go back to bed. Well, I have been getting up at 6am nearly every morning this week, no catnapping during the day and although I didn't do anything strenous I did do things and was happy doing them. Seems slowly my interest in things return. I even got out the guitar on Thursday, tuned it up and strummed a couple of songs. Better not tell you that I sang along with them loudly, because my voice sounds as if it is coming from the bottom of a metal watering can. But it didn't matter - it certainly released some happy hormones and I was humming and 'dum-bi-do'ing the rest of the time. That's why it is strange to feel down today. Oh whatever - I am sure it will pass.

The baby blanket I am crocheting for my daughter is progressing nicely too. 144 Afghan squares in reds, purples, pinks and white are needed. I have not even got 20 yet! But I do have until January to finish it.

Still don't know where the holiday at the end of the month will take me. Found one very cheap flight from Bristol to Porto (£38), but I have never been to Portugal, so wouldn't know where to stay. But maybe that is half the adventure. But ... we're talking Atlantic coast here, probably rough and not exactly beachy. And I so wanted some sun, sand and sea. Warm sea! That's why I wanted to go back to Gozo. But for some reason the flights are just too expensive at this time of year. Another alternative is Stansted to Alghero in Sardinia. That would be more my cup of tea I reckon. Hardly any tourists, Med and therefore warm, and plenty of remote beaches. Well, will check my emails to see what Werner thinks about it all.

2 comments:

H. Heart said...

I've learned to take trips and not know where I'm stayng.
Where ever you go will be fantastic.
I like remote beaches myself. Oh how fun to be holiday shopping!!!

Changedit said...

Yes, it's rather fun! I am going to Portugal now, fly out to Porto and then travel down the coast. It's not going to be very warm there as it is Atlantic coast, but apparently it is very green and lush. Now I cant wait. Off on the 24th Sept.

xxx