Tuesday 16 September 2008

It's all good at the moment ...

Oh yes it is! I think I can almost say I feel better than I felt before starting treatment and that is saying something. I haven't had a daytime nap for days now, in fact I usually get up between 6 and 7 am, stay awake during the day, taking it relatively easy though, and go to bed around 11 pm. I can climb hills again without having to stop 10 times and I take the dog out for a couple of hours without feeling overly exhausted or sick afterwards. 4 weeks ago half an hour was a major achievement. Ok, I am lucky and don't have to go to work yet, but currently I think I would even be able to manage that, providing it was the right job. So I have started looking. Nothing to be done before the holiday though, but it's good to know what's out there. Found a couple of Youth Worker vacancies, which are only between 6 & 10 hours per week. That might be a start and they also offer the Youth Worker qualifications into the bargain. One of them even is a street worker job, something I would love to do. Hence I will spend the next couple of days filling in the application forms. Typically me, I have lost my CV when my last computer went to meet its maker. So I will have to construct one of them again. Why can I never save important documents to a CD *rolling eyes*

Tomorrow morning I am signing the papers for the house. I will then learn the figures regarding payout as well and can start planning renovations etc. All the painting & decorating I can do myself, with a bit of help from said friends. It will be a nice challenge and to restore the house to its former glory quite satisfying.

I also have to go shopping. I had planned to go over to Tesco's on the free bus and invest in some kitchen scales and maybe a swimming costume, spending the voucher my dear friend Humble sent me for my birthday. Unfortunately, the bus only runs at 10.40 am and returns at 1 pm. As the mortgage chap is coming at 10 am I don't think I will make that. Therefore it will be ASDA once again and the other trip on Friday. Must do it before the holiday!! Started to look for clothes to pack today and was as usual at a loss. I am dreadful with packing! Either I do it weeks before and change it about 50 times, or I end up chucking something in a bag last minute, only to arrive and find that everything is totally not colour co-ordinated and I hate wearing it and end up buying new stuff wherever I am. Not exactly the point of a cheap holiday, is it?

No comments: