Wednesday 30 July 2008

Standards ....



I have got standards I can't fulfill in every aspect of my life. That's why I feel guilty every five minutes! I've got a list as long as my arm of things I ought to do, and it's growing by the day, but because it is so long, I dont even attempt doing anything that is on it ... if that makes sense? So, I am a constant disappointment to myself and people around me :( Which doesnt exactly make life fun or even like myself.

Now then, how do I tune down my expectations of myself and start accepting myself within the perimeters I can actually fulfill and that are actually me, and not some standards I have been equipped with by my producers (mainly the female one)? This is something I seriously have to work at. For fucks sake, I will be 50 in less than a month and I haven't even sorted out basic living/happiness requirements for myself, which 16 years olds these days have often got sorted. I blame the drugs myself, and this time the 'bad' drugs, not the 'good' drugs (Interferon and Ribavirin LOL).

4 comments:

someone said...

It's a question of balance... the ying and the yang... the good drugs will even out the bad drugs and life will be balanced...... you have standards but also the right to neglect those standards there in lies the balance...you know of 16 year olds that have life sorted? Get well soon for soon will be sooner than you think... warmest regards the Cornish Philosophical Swine xxxx

hepkittie said...

yes sweetie alot of it is the treatment drugs and we just have to accept it. there is so much we have all had to put on hold, but at least we are all in it together!

H. Heart said...

you are doing great.You've had two horrid diseases. The drug abuse and hep-c. Now you're on tx which is very difficult.Be easy on yourself. Your health is the most important priority right now. You're life has just begun and doors will open for you. Just stay on this path. You are a good sweet lady.
xx humble

Changedit said...

Cheers me dears ... you always manage to lift my spirits :-)

xxxx