Tuesday 15 July 2008

Overdone it?


I was feeling pretty good the last few days, so I was doing a lot more than usual. Tearing back and fro to the vets on Saturday and Monday, which involved a lot of walking and, of course, mental strain. I went shopping on Sunday, dragging back a very heavy trolley and as I was still feeling good yesterday, I gave the kitchen a good clean. Payday today then! I woke up at 5 am with a little bit of a pain in my right side. I though I probably slept funny and strained it. Woke up again at 7am, with massive pains in my right side! I first thought it was lungs as it hurt every time I breathed in and out. So I was feeling guilty again for smoking! Then I went out with Isis for a stroll at 10am and I thought I was going to collapse. The pain by then was spreading from my right hip bone all the way to my right shoulder, with the epicentre between the rib cage and the hip. I realised then, that it is liver pain, as it was similar to post-biopsy feeling, just a lot worse. When back home, I went straight back to bed to rest, although I could hardly lay nor sit, let alone stand or walk. I have slipped in and out of slumber for the past 4 hours, and the pain is slightly better. Conclusion: it is there because I didn't take care of myself enough for a few days O.O

Still dont know what Isis' problem is. The vet we saw yesterday was suspecting a simple throat infection, as she is otherwise quite happy and bouncy. So we came away with some anti-inflammatories on top of the other medication. We will have to see how things pan out by Friday, if her breathing doesnt improve by then, she will have to go to the vets and have an anaesthetic
, so they can look down her throat and do some chest x-rays. Cost of that: £300. So it really is not an option, unless I go to the PDSA. At the moment I am just keeping everything crossed, that it clears up!

Well, I better slip back between the sheets, I am having cold sweat pouring from my forehead, getting very dizzy and can hardly sit up. Hope this clears up too by tomorrow, otherwise it will be a trip to the GP for me ^^

No comments: