Friday 25 July 2008

Double double figures ...

... well or something like that. Shot 20 anyway. Nothing new. Headaches, sharp shoulder pains, temperature, hot and cold and very very tired. There I was, having a relatively good week until yesterday ... and now ... gaaaaaaaazomp! But a lot of side effects I had in the beginning have also returned. Terrible sores around nails and on fingertips, 2 frayed corners of the mouth, sore and bleeding nose, very dry eyes, lizard skin (very pronounced) and I have 3 ... yes THREE ... bald patches on my head. I had noticed the last 4-6 weeks that the hair was coming out, but didnt realise it was that much. Anyway, that is the least of my worries, after all, it doesnt hurt, just looks unpleasant. Maybe I should apply for a wig?? *hrr hrr* I could have a pink or purple one, with loads of hair, so when I finally feel up for partying again, I can proudly strut my stuff. I wonder if the NHS would pay for it??

I think slowly it is sinking in that I have only got 4 shots left and 5 weeks until the Ribavirin are finished too. I can tell it's sinking in, because I am starting to panic of what I am going to do after. Already scanning job adverts, although I haven't got a clue when I will be able to work again. I would really like to do the pet taxi business, but how on Earth could I start that. I would need money for a reasonably decent car, since mine became the possession of the travelling scrappy last week. Then I would need to do some advertising, although I reckon just putting some posters in the Bristol vets would probably guarantee some business to start with. And then what? Sounds pretty easy eh ... but scares the shit out of me, particularly because I have no support and find it difficult to do it all on my own. 'Although' she says with a glimmer of hope, 'it would just be possible'.

3 comments:

H. Heart said...

I started having trouble at shot 20 and now I'm at 23 and I'm feeling so much better. I think you'll feel better too. I'm sorry you have those sores. Those must be terrible. When you're off tx your skin and hair will be better. And you will be virus free!!
Hugs xxx
Humble

hepkittie said...

shot 20 also hit me hard and i last night's really wiped me - have been in bed straight through from last night. but probably my own fault for overdoing it with work and play!

have missed you, we don't seem to be online as much as used to xxx

My Other Blog said...

4 more shots, 5 more weeks of treatment, then you're not going out and looking for a job the day after you take your last riba. Give yourself some time to recover and get back to normal. Maybe you can find a part-time job working in a shop or something? I hope you feel better, I've missed you.