Monday 21 July 2008

Mostly over it ...

Oh yes it's true! I am mostly over the bronchitis. And I am not even having a bad time with the sides anymore. But ... because I was slacking so much, I am really busy trying to catch up with dreaded housework, the garden, the lawn and going out with Isis and/or shopping. Somehow at the moment there isn't a spare minute in my day *rolls eyes*. Ok ok, I admit it, the game takes up far too much time, but it really is the only hobby I have at the moment and it takes my mind of things. I cant even knit or crochet right now, as my fingertips are covered in open sores. Still over 2 months until the dermatologist appointment. And as usual, no cream is helping in the slightest.

Everybody else has been ill too, Pete had a bad cold (which is probably where I caught the bronchitis from in the first place) and Jessi and family have been suffering since the middle of last week. It is a strange summer, well, can't really call it a summer, with temperatures continously below 20 C and the amount of rain we've been having. Today is really the first day where it is reasonably warm, but I looked at the BBC weather site and it is supposed to rain by Friday already again. I want to live in a warmer climate!! Got my housing benefit paid finally and seriously thought about booking a one way ticket to Mexico. Thought, once over there, I could just loose all my papers and pretend I suffer from amnesia LOL. They would have to put me up somewhere, or wouldnt they? Interesting idea, must develop it further ;-)

Well, here I go again, off to the post office and later on cooking. No rest for the wicked.

3 comments:

H. Heart said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. No...they don't put you up in Mexico. They would let you fend for yourself. Its so sad. Even a little UK money would go a long long way in Mexico. Not safe for you to be alone there. I'd have to come with you (like I could protect anyone) I do speak a little spanish. hablo espaniol poquito. xxx humble

Changedit said...

Humble, for sure a little money would go a long way there. When I went in 2000, the flight cost me £300 and another £300 was enough to travel, eat and sleep for 6 weeks there. Amazing!!!

But so the amnesia idea is out of the window for now. Putting thinking cap back on LOL

My Other Blog said...

I'm glad you're on the mend. I haven't seen you posting lately, I didn't know about the open sores on your fingers! That's a new side effect I never heard of! It takes 2 months to get an appointment with a good dermatologist in the US, too - too many people go for 'beauty issues,' making it hard for those of us with changing moles, etc to get in!
Take care!