Sunday 6 July 2008

Blessed be ...


... the painkillers. Without them I would not even be able to get out of bed these days. Routine:
- wake up around 5am as joint and muscle pains get too severe to sleep, grab water bottle and painkillers, take 2, wait until they kick in, go back to sleep.
- wake up again at 8.30-9.00am, painkillers still working, so usually I can get out of bed, make breakfast and coffee and have it at the computer. 10am, back to bed before the tablets wear off completely.
- wake up again around midday or when it is too painful to sleep. Grab 2 more painkillers and wait for affect to take place. Then get up and go for a walk with the dog. Takes about twice to thrice the time these days, the little walk. Come back and do a bit of housework, with extended resting periods in between. I am only doing it to not feel completely useless! Back to bed around 3pm.
- with a bit of luck that sleep lasts until 5 or 5.30pm. Take 2 more tablets. Have a coffee so they kick in faster. Manage the evening ahead that way, cooking, dishes, etc. Try to go to bed by about 11pm without any more medication. Only if it is really bad late at evening, I will take another 1 - 2.

Therefore ... Co-codamol ... Blessed be!

4 comments:

hepkittie said...

yup we are evil twins...altho i reckon i'm still punk too lol! i'm just lucky that they invented internet jobs for us slackers...

i am on almost the exact schedule as you...have slept the day away, except when waiting for codeine to kick in. it sucks but at least it works!

and i've also learned the codeine trick - its how i wash down the solpadols during the day when i really would like to be awake!

Changedit said...

heyy, share the trick with me, I could do with being awake sometimes. I usually take mine with coffee, as they kick quicker or with water in the evening.

xxx

hepkittie said...

i'm now taking 1 solpadol and 1 regular paracetomal instead of 2 co-codamals...still kills the fever and hits the pain harder!

xxx

My Other Blog said...

Even though your life sounds a lot like the movie Groudhog Day, You're so lucky you can sleep! I had a terrible time sleeping on treatment. I was on sleeping pills for a while, but my cheap ass insurance company wouldn't let me have more than 15 a month, so I could only sleep every other night. I never thought about asking for painkillers! Talk about brain fog!