Friday 23 May 2008

So much happened .... where to start?

Happy News first! I am going to be a grandmother again. Jessi told me today. Right after she told her hubby :-) Hasnt told her dad yet though. Oh well, he will only have something nasty to say about it anyway. That's just the way he is. Always giving her the impression that she is doing everything wrong. I know the pregnancy comes at somewhat an inopportune moment as she wanted to do the training, but they have on the other hand been trying for years. So I guess it just had to be. I am hoping for a girl this time, but of course, health is the most important aspect. Now I can start knitting again!

The wedding and WHAD celebrations were something else. Most of it is undescribable, but reports and pictures can be read and seen on hepcforum.co.uk. That way, I dont have to write long explanations. I had a wonderful time, meeting everybody and finding them so honest and warm was just out of this world. There was not one person I didnt get on with or felt who didnt like me. I have made some fantastic new friends and I hope once treatment is over, I will be able to help raise awareness for Hepatitis with them. It was amazing how much fun we had without alcohol, which just shows what a misconception it is, that you have to be drunk or otherwise high to have a good time.

I have definitely overdone it though. My lips are just sore sore sore. I counted 10 pussy blisters on my lower lip and nothing I put on is easing it. I am in agony. But hey ho, it was still worth it.

The decision is made! I am moving to Devon or Cornwall once treatment is over and I have sufficiently detoxed. So the date I have in mind is early 2009. I see the present situation as a chance of re-thinking my life and my ambitions. I have nothing in Bristol which keeps me, I wanted to move rural for many years and I reckon this is my big chance. That means, I will have to save money from the benefits I will be getting. That should be fun :-)

1 comment:

hepkittie said...

hope your lips heal up soon sweetie! i'm sure all the positive thinking about your move will help...it's so exciting!!! and i know having something to plan for after treatment really does help to lift our spirits.

and so glad you got to meet everyone - looks like an amaxing time!!!