Friday 16 May 2008

Shot 10 done and dusted! Nothing much to report. It sort of kicked in early yesterday, but I still sat in front of the computer until Midnight well gone. A matter of 'Oh I just do this! And then just look up that!' And then another hours is gone. And then I think 'Oh, but I wanted to play this game' and another 2 hours are gone. Instead of pursuing my studying!

I have spent the last 3 1/2 days trying to get hold of the crisis loan people. Nothing! I just cannot get through. Apparently the lines are busy all the time. However, Pete says, he seems them wandering about doing sweet nothing. So, today I have written a letter of complaint. I have emailed it to the DWP/Job Centre Plus and will also email it to my local MP and The Evening Post.

This afternoon I should really go an get my ID certified at the Job Centre, but I dont feel up to it. It would mean driving, but my head is throbbing from all the other worries I have ... especially money wise! At least I managed to sort housing benefit out and should receive a payment soon(ish). I feel exhausted. I hate all this buerocracy at the best of times, but on treatment, with no help from anybody, it is just draining. Makes me feel like a half-wit, particularly when I have to phone an office and either can't explain properly what I want, or by the time I do get to talk to somebody I have completely forgotten what I want. That's why I find emails handy. At least you can sit there an ponder over the content.

Well, it's the wedding of the year tomorrow and I am determined to go. Although, at this precise moment in time, I have about 50p to my name. However, I have asked Pete to borrow £20, which I hope is going to be ok. And I will also bag up some of the small change as a back-up. Havent had to do that for years! If I think, 4 months ago I was taking home around 2 grand a month, and now I have got nothing to show for it, that is sad. It all went into equipping the house, buying food, paying bills, sorting the animals, and Pete did precious little to support the household then. This is why I dont feel very guilty for letting him do some of the shopping now and owing him my months rent.

If only I could stop smoking ... that would reduce my monthly outgoings by a lot. But now is just not the time, I think.

Well, this blog is going to rest until after the wedding I think. And then there will be lots to report :-)

1 comment:

hepkittie said...

hope all the money stuff gets sorted. i'm the same when it comes to my flat - i have time now to get it all sorted as i'm home so many days a week but not the energy to organise.

can't wait to hear about the wedding!

xxx