Saturday 22 March 2008

Dream on ....

Since starting treatment I have also started to dream vividly. Mostly not even nightmares, but pleasant dreams of green pastures, wide oceans and clear skies. So last nights dream:

"I found myself on an Atlantic island. Don't really know why Atlantic, but I just knew. I stayed in an apartment high above the very turquoise sea, beautiful view, but it wasn't my apartment. The one I had rented, I couldn't get to. I did try though, climbed from floor to floor, up and down and up again, testing the heights, all very tight, many corners, partly the levels had not been finished and workmen were building still. I did ask for directions, but nobody could tell me how I can get to my apartment. Whilst climbing around I saw a pile of beautiful, sparkling earrings. Then an antique object comes crashing down from above and shatteres into many pieces. Further on I meet a 'seaman' or 'captain' in uniform who I speak to. I suddenly notice that 'my people' are not talking to me anymore.

Deutung.com, which I use for dream interpretations says:
Island: is a sign of loneliness of the ego in a restless time. If there are people on the island it means fights for higher positions. For a woman an island in clear water can also mean marriage.
Sea: it stands for cosmic awareness, for the original chaos which brings forth all life. It also stands for passion.
Turquoise: It means that a person is too easily impressed.
Apartment: Dreaming of a desolate apartment means you are suffering from an illness (hah ... I would never have known) and renting an apartment means that the current situation will improve (i'll hold you to that, dear dream)
Earrings: To see earrings indicates a new friendship with a woman. To see jewelry in general means that through your experiences you're sure now about your strengths and weaknesses. It can also mean, that your loved one is undecided.
Antique Item: To see old items means to learn from the past to be able to use it in the future. In this case, as it shattered, I reckon it means to let go of the past as well.
Captain: to see a captain means travel and fullfilled longings.

As I said, not a nightmare at all. Can't wait for the next installment.

Had a pretty good day today despite jab yesterday. But last week the Saturday was better than the Sunday, so I will see what tomorrow brings. Tired and weary now, so off to bed.

4 comments:

msb said...

Yep, me too. Dreaming more. Happened the last time too.

hepkittie said...

strange - i'd not noticed more dreamz but will start to pay attention more. my partner has started dreaming and he used to not at all so maybe he is getting mine? (i really do think this happens when sharing a bed - somehow)

so thanks so much for sharing your dream and that link! i'll definitely be using it after the last dream he had was that we were vampires sitting on a fence, lol...

hoping your sunday/monday haven't been too bad. mine have been pretty mundane, but feelin' really really wiped.

big hug x

pixie said...

Hi there hepper friend..Lots get these dreams on Tx....I sometimes miss mine...Hopefully you will be dreaming of weddings in Cornwall soon...Lol...Or perhaps thats what your dreaming about....

You take care your doing so well....Px

www.hepcforum.co.uk

My Other Blog said...

Hi! I can sympathize with the 'support' you're getting from your partner! I thought I got every side effect in the book, but you managed to list a few I didn't get. I'm going to make your blog a link on mine, OK?
MYS/uc