Friday 21 March 2008

2nd shot due tonight ....

After having such a bad and somewhat frightening day yesterda, I feel a little better today. Not that the symptoms have gone away, just that I cope better with them. The warrior within has returned with a newly sharpened sword stating clearly: 'I am getting through this, come what may!'

Having a busy day looming in front of me probably does help too. I need to go shopping or I will be stuck here with nothing. Water supplies are at an old time low, 1/2 a bottle left and I know I would not be able to bring myself to drink manky tab water. The fridge is rather bare, I will stock up on soya milk again like last week. 5 litres did the trick. And then of course, things I can cook for dinner. Eating is so important and I don't seem to have lost much of my appetite yet, so I am making use of it. Of course, this week I will take care that I buy a lot of soft foods. Much easier for the pallets when they are covered in blisters and sores. Also cat food is on the agenda. Can't leave the poor dears starve now, can I? All this means taking the car and going to ASDA. Just trying to work myself up to this gigantic task. It'll be ok, I know it will. And I will take the opportunity to walk Isis in the park for a change of scenery for her. And I need some fresh air. Then I need a bath before self-inducing flu tonight. Ahhh, and of course I need to do some cleaning. Pete has managed to make downstairs a dump and it doesn't look as if he has got any intention of clearing it up. I can't and won't tolerate it though, so I have no other option than cleaning it myself. Saying something to him, is as useless as ever - all I get is a stupid grin. Luckily he does walk the dog for me mornings and evenings so I can't throw him out in one of my Riba-Rages and blame it on the drugs :-) And he also does some of the cooking and quite often the dishes. That's a lot more than he did before my treatment. So I feel, I have to be grateful. If kissing feet and official worship would be an option I wonder???

3 comments:

hepkittie said...

hello fishie
glad to have found your blog sweetie!
your daughter is gorgeous and your dog has the same name as my daughter (who also has dyed bright red hair) - so i already feel we have so much in common, lol!

i'm due my 5th shot tonight, ugh!

hope you have not too bad of a weekend - or as i am now referring to them = weakeneds

x hepkittie x

hepkittie said...

o p.s....
saw that you stock up on soya milk as well...are you vegan too?

x

pixie said...

Hey I just found your blog too....Yes your Daughter so pretty....I can now close my eyes and see what you look like..Lol..

Wow how many days you been with us and already you feel like part of the big Nomad Community ...So glad we found each other..And now you got a wedding to look forward to....

I would like to leave the Nomads link here if thats ok...

www.hepcforum.co.uk

Its a way of others finding us....

Hopefully you will by now have 50 posts and be a proper Nomad....

Good Luck with tx, you remind me so much of while I was on tx, always buzzing around...

P x