Saturday 18 October 2008

Happy dog ....

... happy owner and vice versa. Isis seems to be much happier and bouncier since I finished treatment and I can again give her the attention she deserves & the time she demands. I have started the old regime again. When we go out in the mornings, we work again. That means taking tiny little treats out with me and make her perform the various commands I give her, before giving her a treat. She is almost back to the standard she was in February before I started chemo. Now I am slowly going to introduce new exercises. Our only problem still is, that she wont do things without a treat, only when I shout and that is not the way to do it. It exhausts us both and ruins our day. Anyway, I am glad that we got through the 'dry' period and havent lost our touch. Isis loves working and I should really go to either obedience or agility classes with her, despite her age. She would benefit so much. Unfortunately there are none in our vicinity, and without a car we can't reach the out of town ones. No matter, we do what we can ourselves!

I am carrying on with the energy work, doing the mudras (finger yoga) and working with the chakras. I feel a lot more joyful and positive, appreciative for the things I have and not longing for the things I haven't got, like money. Everything will come when the time is right.

And my new saying is: It is not a measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

2 comments:

H. Heart said...

I'm so glad you're doing good things for yourself. I know its physically to detox but spiritual work helps. And my dog is so much happier now that he knows I'm getting well. I think I'll start walks with him too now that its cooling off here.
xxxHumble

Changedit said...

Humble, I always think that is the best time of my day when I am out walking with her, seeing her happy makes me happy. And we are as close as ever if not more.

What kind of dog have you got? Something small I seem to remember, but I forgot. Sorry! Guess the memory still needs to come back LOL.

xxx