Sunday 27 April 2008

The Power of 7

Number 7 flattened me again. Did the shot early on Friday ... around 6pm. The evening was still ok, the night restful. The morning after ... unbelievable. Every single limb, muscle, bone, joint and sinew aching. My head exploding. My eyes dry and sore, including stye No. 2. My nose packed with blood right up to the sinuses. My throat sore, my glands all around the neck swollen. Every move was a major effort as I was so breathless. Result: I slept nearly continously for 36 hours.

I have lost interest in everything. Just about manage to read a book in between nodding off. Not even sure I understand what I am reading. It's more like occupational therapy. Just now forced myself out of bed and changed the covers. Now running a bath as I have the feeling I stink to high heaven! Plus I am hoping it might do me some good. If not, I just crawl back into bed. And maybe get up aga
in tomorrow.

The ex has surprised me. He has been doing cleaning, cooking, walking the dog and even doing some washing as I write. I must be looking as if I am nearly dead, for him to spring into action. He never says anything, but maybe he is slowly becoming aware that I am ill and not just putting it on. Who knows? I just hope it lasts ... him helping that is, not me being ill LOL.


I so wish I could get dressed up and go out to the park or something. But I just havent got the energy. I look in the mirror and think: "Who is that person?" My hair needs cutting and dying, my face is covered in spots and I have a permanent cold sore and my dark compexion has totally gone. Pooooeeee!!!

I stop moaning now. I know there are people far worse off. My landlady told me yesterday, her brother (around 30 he is) has brain cancer. Shouldnt I be glad to ONLY have HepC?? And there are my friends on the forum, loads of who have it much harder than me. So, I pull myself together as well as I can now.

Cheerio ....

3 comments:

Starbux said...

hey fishie

i so feel for you. this tx is a bugger. No logic to it - why does it flatten you one week and give you an easy ride the next. oh well - summer is coming, and the wedding. focus on the good things in life.

thinking of you
star

hepkittie said...

hey fishie

i hope you are feeling better today...we both seem to be on the same cycle with shitty tx weekends as well as the rest of our lives, lol!

damn rain - managed to get my ass out to get some more soy milk today but even that has wiped me out.

big big hugs
kittie xxx

ronnie said...

Poor you. No rhyme or reason to it is there. We are all here with you. I know, it still sucks!! Sending you hugs from down under.
Ronnie xox