Friday 6 March 2009

Emails


Funny that, my daughter has started emailing me again. At first it was just the pictures of the kids, and every time I wrote back saying thank you and how much I love them. Then she started saying 'thank you for the reply' back and with every email there were a few more words. We are now in a state of gently approaching eachother again and I get the feeling that both of us will have learned from the events and will probably respect eachother somewhat more and don't take eachother for granted. I still do not want to have contact with her husband, he has deliberately hurt me and criticised me for things which do not concern him. If he ever comes round to apologising and acknowledging that this is not the way to treat people, then maybe I will forgive. I am not the only one he has been doing this to over the past couple of months, so it is obviously a problem HE has got. Until he faces that, there is nothing there for me. But I am happy about being in contact with my daughter ... very happy!!! After seeing Kittie and her daughter together last weekend, I realised how much different a mother-daughter relationship can be when treated with love and respect. Let's hope it's not too late for J and me.

2 comments:

My Other Blog said...

I hope you're not holding your breath waiting for the son-in-law to apologize. Most men don't do apologies - especially one to a mother-in-law. It's just not in their DNA. I'm hopeful that your relationship with your daughter will improve, to the point that if he ever goes away on a business trip or something, your daughter will ask you to visit her then

Changedit said...

True, MYS, he probably wont apologise. seems to be in his DNA to upset people left, right and centre though. so maybe, just maybe, one day he will upset my daughter so much that she either sends him away or decides to come here instead. it might take time, but it is not impossible :)